Have a good time learning about and watching these classic movies and if you can, buy the DVD! (You can keep movies alive and support this blog this way!)
DVD links will be added movie by movie - from where you can pick your own favorite one. (Isn't it wonderful to have your own?)
And please take a look at my other blogs too! (My Blog List below)

Search this blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turn back the clock 1933 - A charming fantasy comedy

Lee Tracy and Mae Clarke

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024704/
IMDB rating: 7,0


Director: Edgar Selwyn
Main Cast: Lee Tracy, Mae Clarke, Otto Kruger, Peggy Shannon



"Directed by Edgar Selwyn, who co-wrote the screenplay with Ben Hecht (Underworld 1927 & The Scoundrel 1935), the story is a very clever exploration into the 'what if', as in 'what if I made a different choice at a pivotal moment in my life' and what would have happened. It stars Lee Tracy (The Best Man 1964) as the man who gets the opportunity to 'see' how his life may have been had he chosen to marry one girl vs. another in his youth.
Selwyn and Hecht delivered a small masterpiece in 1933 that might seem familiar now to later generations. Everyone from Frank Capra to Rod Serling has used the same theme successfully - the lesson to be learned: you can't change the past without consequences, so maybe its better just to be happy with what you have.
A truly imaginative fantasy, Turn Back the Clock is acted with conviction by everybody from star Lee Tracy to a trio of bit players (in the wedding sequence) who later called themselves The Three Stooges." - http://www.allmovie.com/movie/turn-back-the-clock-v114664

DVD links:




4 comments:

  1. The download doesn't work. Files too large.
    They need password?

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I have been wanting to watch this movie FOREVER!!!! I am so happy that you shared! I hope the links work, they are kinda slow but it doesn't matter, I am patient =) Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww the links don't work =( it says the file is too big =( isn't there a way that you send me this movie? I pay you =)!! my email is weiss_cosa@hotmail.com
    Let me know, please =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can u reupload it please ?

    ReplyDelete